Thursday 28 July 2011

Oh wow. Here it is. My very last night in Germany. I really can't believe it. I already left Konstanz. I said goodbye to all my new friends and my favorite little German town. I was completely heartbroken when I left. Like a physical pain in my chest as the train was pulling away.

I took the train to Berlin, where I am visiting old friends and new. Saying more goodbyes. My heart felt much better once I stepped off the train in Berlin....I really love this town. So much culture, diversity, art and history. Great haircuts and sweet style. And vegan dรถner (a German delight created by Turkish immigrants in Berlin, traditionally meat only, but Berlin has it all)!!!! Whooo!

But, as my time here in Berlin is coming to an end as well, I feel the pain in my heart coming back. As hard as this year has been, I really had a great time and I really love it here in Germany. I know it won't be long till I come back. It can't be. You can't stay away from something you love for too long.........right?

I feel that same anxiety I felt over a year ago, lying in my bed in San Francisco, and knowing it would be the last time I would sleep in that bed in more than a year. Not knowing who I would meet, where I would go, where I would sleep next. Funny, but I have the same fear of going back home as I did of leaving.

So with pain in my heart and tears in my eyes, I'll get on the plane tomorrow night and leave Germany for good. Well at least for a while.

Buuuuuuuut, I got some traveling to do in the meantime, on the road again!!!

Next stop...Reykjavik, Iceland!!!

The Fernsehturm at dusk, Berlin

No comments:

Post a Comment