Tuesday 5 July 2011

The Beginning of the End

On the morning of the 1st of July, I woke up and saw what day it was. The first thought that went through my head is, "This is the month that I have to leave".

At a get-together with friends the other night, we made a toast, and one person said, "To the beginning of the end"...I've never heard a truer, sadder statement.

It truly is the beginning of the end. Although my friends back home say, "Germany isn't going anywhere", which is true, they don't realize that what is happening right here, right now, in this place, with these people, will never, ever be like this again.

Here's to celebrating the beginning of the end of one of the greatest years of my life.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's a little late, but this post really struck a cord with me today.
    I spent my time in Beijing, and people say "oh you can go back" but they don't understand. You hit the nail on the head, "what is happening right here, right now, in this place, with these people, will never, ever be like this again." Well said, but its still so sad :(.

    ReplyDelete