Sunday 1 May 2011

Have I mentioned how much I love it here??

Blumen am Bodensee

Konstanz is absolutely gorgeous. Especially now that everything is in bloom.
The weather is amazing and the streets are filled with vendors, tourists, and people who just love to be outside.The salty smell of the Bodensee washes over me as I jog along the lake and I couldn't be happier to be here.
view of Kontanz from Switzerland


I was terrified when I first came back, but I was back on my feet in no time. I was scared to death to go to my first class, but I just told myself that I would get through it, just like everything else I have been scared to do throughout this year. And not only was it no big deal, but it's so good to be taking science classes again, that it doesn't even matter that it's in German. The fact that they are science classes makes me want to learn that much more. 

I've really put myself out there and set myself up for challenges this year, especially these last few months. I wish I would have been more aggressive earlier in the year, but better late than never. One thing I can tell you for sure, is that if you study abroad, do not settle for anything, no matter how insignificant you may think it is. My first semester could have gone a lot better (easy to see in retrospect), if I would have pushed to change things that weren't working for me. Now that I have learned that, I am much happier and having a great time. 

Your time abroad is limited and you must make the most of every minute!

On a trail along the Bodensee

on the Bodensee

No comments:

Post a Comment