Monday 1 November 2010

Just wanted to let you know things are looking up :)

Whenever I'm feeling really down, I like to make myself go outside and find something that makes me happy. So last weekend, once I finally had some time to myself, I went out exploring in Tuebingen. A very cute town indeed. With lots more to discover! Of course I took a thousand pictures, but more importantly, it made me feel more comfortable...more at home.

I still feel like my German is suffering--I feel like everyone in class understands the teacher and each other, but me. I'm having such a hard time talking to my new German roommates and other new German friends, but most people are very patient and encouraging. All you gotta do is try. And practice!

As you can see....studying abroad is a roller coaster for most of us. You will have your ups and you will have your downs. Sometimes the downs are really, really far down there...but hang in there, because the ups are always coming!!


View from the Tuebingen Castle


Tuebingen Botanic Garden (1 of them)
Tuebingen Marktplatz
Tuebingen Marktplatz








 
http://www.iie.org/en/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program

No comments:

Post a Comment