Friday 6 January 2012

How Iceland soothed my aching heart

Where to start? What to say? This will most likely be the last time I write on this blog. I'm not much of a blogger, if you can't tell by the 5 month lapse in postings here.

The last 5 months have been a complete blur. I meant to write so many times--I wanted to document each step in the process of coming back home...but time got away from me. And here it is, the beginning of a new year, 2012.

I left Germany to meet my boyfriend in Iceland. Wow, what an amazing way to take my mind off the heartache of leaving der Vaterland. Iceland was amazing, like being on the moon or in some sci fi movie. So much art and music and unique culture in that land. Truly amazing.
gorgeous Reykjavik sunset 

 Blue Lagoon geothermal spa in Grindavik
Gullfoss waterfall on  the Hvítá river   


lovely Reykjavik, Iceland

A week in Iceland is enough to make anybody feel better, especially if you take a day at the Blue Lagoon! We went camping and hiking, we saw Gullfoss the enormous waterfall and Geysir, the original geysir that all others were named after. We discovered the art and charm of Reykjavik.

And then I got ready to go home.

Once again, thank you to the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship program, for helping me to have the adventure of a lifetime!

http://www.iie.org/en/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program

No comments:

Post a Comment