Tuesday 8 March 2011

Which Way to the Eiffel Tower?

So I went home for my break. I don't recommend doing that, not for any mind blowing reason, like you will forget everything you've learned, or you will never want to go home again. Nothing at all like that. Just merely for the fact that you are studying ABROAD, which means not going home on your break. When will you ever have this chance again??

That being said, I did go home for break. My parents really really wanted me to, and no matter how old I get, I'll always be a sucker to my parents' famous guilt trips. And it was great to see my family and old friends. Oh how quickly the time went, and now check it out...I'm back in Germany, but in a new town, attending a new university, making new friends and back on the adventure trail once again.

One cool thing about the trip home was that the trip back included a 4 hr layover in Paris. Mmmmhmm....if you're thinking what I'm thinking, you're thinking Eiffel Tower. Yup, I don't know french, I've never been to Paris, and I was traveling alone but somehow I figured out the Paris metro system and found my way to the Eiffel Tower!!

*pat pat* (that's me patting my own back)

Before you start thinking I'm so egomaniac, I just want to say that 6 months ago, I would have NEVER been able to figure that out, let alone have the guts to try something like that. Yay for study abroad!!! And thank you again to the Gilman Scholarship Program!!







http://www.iie.org/en/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program

No comments:

Post a Comment