Thursday 10 February 2011

Going "home"???

I am going "home" tomorrow. I actually have to wake up in 6 hrs so this one's gotta be short. My parents really wanted me to come home for Christmas, but I was a bit selfish and wanted to stay in Europe for the holidays. When am I going to get the chance to do this again, right?

The compromise, however, was that I come home to visit on my semester break. Well, the day has arrived. I finished the last of my finals a few hours ago (whoo! what a week!!) and now I am all packed, set, and ready to go...to Michigan.

I've been in Europe for the last 8 months, so going back to the States is weird enough as it is. All the signs will be in English. I'll have to pay in dollar bills, which are only one boring color. There are $1 bills, as opposed to the 1 and 2 euro coins. I will be able to understand everyone who speaks to me. I will be able to watch Hulu again.

Good god what am I getting myself into??? I've lived in California for the last 5 years, so just going back to Michigan to visit my parents every year for Christmas is a culture shock in itself.

Going from Europe to Michigan is going to be....well, I have no idea how it's going to be. I'll let you know!!

http://www.iie.org/en/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program

No comments:

Post a Comment