Friday 8 October 2010

Feeling weird...again

A few days after the last post, I started feeling much better. Much more comfortable. Not so weirded out.

Maybe it was because the sun was finally shining. Maybe it was because I got all my stuff unpacked and my new room all set up. Maybe it was because of the great shoe store I found right around the corner.

And then I went to Prague. This is my 3rd trip to Prague, because this is where my boyfriend lives. We came to Europe together, with the hope of staying here together for the next year. Although he is suffering from the same culture shock symptoms I am wading my way through, he is nice and settled here in Prague. Nice job, nice apartment, great roommates, and really awesome new friends. And Prague is happening. Breathtakingly beautiful and full of culture and history, Prague is definitely the place to be.

But now....we don't know if he can stay. It's long, complicated, and beureaucratic to the max. The reality is that if he goes home, things aren't looking so good for us. We're willing to try the long distance thing, but it's very hard to be in a relationship where you can't see the other person for months on end. And with school being my number one priority, I may not be able to live in the same city as him for 2 years.

Ouch.

I'm only writing about this because this is definitely something to consider when choosing to study abroad. Being so far from the person you love is nearly impossible--most everyone in my program who started out in a relationship has broken up with their partner by now.

So, now, I'm sitting in his house, waiting for him to come home from work, and wondering what the future holds in store for us. Feelin' weird again. I wish I knew what was going to happen. Hmmmm wait...no I don't. That would be way too boring.

I'm starting school in a few days, but now after 10 days in the Czech Republic, I'm not sure I even know how to speak German anymore...I'm scared!!! But that's not until Monday.

For now...I'm in beautiful Prague....and loving every minute :)

Prague Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment